Monday, October 29, 2012

Smile A Day

You can tell me all you want that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", but I would be much better off if a bucket of coffee a day kept the tears away.  I am sure it comes as no surprise that I still have good days and bad days, even 40 days later.  I still wake up in the morning and can't believe she is gone. But I still wake-up, get up, go to work, and live my life.  In the best interest of my sanity and happiness, I am trying to focus on the little things each day that make me smile.  Focusing on those things, those people, those moments has helped make the tough days less bitter and the good days even more wonderful. 


Personal Photo
1. Our god daughter, Autumn. Her smiling face on facetime is the sweetest at the end of a long day! Always so happy to see Unky Kevin and Aunt Jess, there is no way to be unhappy when she is talking, showing, and running for you. Thanks little girl, I can't believe we've known you for almost 2 years already! 





2. Flowers - I love fresh flowers and while I do not have the budget to keep them in the house at all times, I do take advantage of them when I can.  Recently I have had several bridal shows for work and have enjoyed bringing home our small display with me to brighten up the house.  So long as I remember to water them, our Acme flowers tend to hold up very nicely, and I am not complaining.


via Zcahce
3. Coffee - There is something about that moment of quiet in the morning, when no one else is awake, and enjoying the first cup of hot fresh coffee.  I understand so much more why Mom got up at 5:15 rather than 5:30 to start off her crazy day.  I won't say that I do this everyday as the comfy bed wins out a few times a week.  









4. Fall is such a beautiful time of the year.  While I am a bit scared for the pending storm, I am sad that there will be little chance of the pretty fall colored leaves still holding onto the trees after the storm has passed.  Leaves plus mums, pumpkins, gourds, and the green grass makes me smile every time. 


photo via yankeescents4u
5. Candles are so "warm and fuzzy" or "fire hazards" according to my husband.  This candle is currently my favorite and I have been burning this jar candle for days and days and it is still hanging in there.  I love the scent, and the clean white candle in the glass jar is so pretty alongside my flowers (See 2). 







photo via shopdirectbrands
6. Post-Its are my favorite office supply.  You could ask my staff how I feel about post-its and they would probably laugh at you because this is a bit of a problem.  I would estimate that I have 6 or 7 different sizes, kinds, shapes, etc in my desk.  I'm not sure why I enjoy them, but it is a little bright spot in the endless notes I write all day, so I let myself enjoy this cheap fix! 










Here's to the little things that make us each smile.  Would you like to share your "little things" with me? I hope you remember to smile at the little moments in the upcoming week - especially those of us affected by Sandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!