Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Birchbox Review

I wasn't even paying attention to the mail last week, since post-birchbox email it typically takes FOREVER for my box to get here. Then hubs sent me a picture of the box and it made my day.  Yes, because he knows that this little box makes my day (maybe my week). 

The amika shampoo was the most sudsy (sudzy, sudzie)  made SO MANY SUDS that I think hubs thought I took a bubble bath.  It smelled okay though, seemed to leave my hair clean, and I got enough out of it for two washes.  Not sure I would buy this one again, but mostly because 14oz is $22, which isn't a great in my opinion. 

There were two products that I thought were equally awesome, and I'm excited to buy both of them.  They were the Balm eyelid primer and the Embryolisse’s Lait-Crème Concentre (24 hour Miracle Cream). The eyelid primer passed the workday test, which for me is between 10 and 13 hours that virtually nothing survives.  The combination of the primer and my favorite gold Ulta shadow made it through the day and was very easy to apply.  I would estimate there is enough in the tube to make it through several weeks, but even when it comes times to purchase it, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the $18. The Embryolisse cream is a little more expensive at $28, but this cream gave my make-up a flawless finish for a night out and really evened me out for the photos.



Synposis of January:
Dinner Date Worthy: Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre
Seriously Birchbox: Juicy - Viva La Juicy
________________________________________________________________________
Want to check it out for yourself? Use my referral link - https://www.birchbox.com?raf=qr145  
When you use this link, I'll earn 50 birchbox points when you sign up, and for every 100 points I earn, I'll do a small giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!