Saturday, January 19, 2013

Family Baking: Tassies

One of my most favorite and least favorite things to bake during the holidays are Pecan Tassies.  The recipe that my family uses is from my great-grandmother and is a bit labor intensive.  This year was the first making them without my mom, and I learned several lessons.  I'll start with those, since they're important. 

1. Use full-fat cream cheese and butter.  Don't use substitutions, it is NOT the same. 
2. Let the cream cheese and butter come to room temperature naturally, do not soften in the microwave, it is NOT the same. 

Okay, now that I've got my public service announcements out of the way, let's look at a short description and pretty pictures! 

The dough is very simple, and is butter, cream cheese, and flour. Make the dough, divide into 24 small pieces, and press into mini muffin tins. 
 Crush half to one cup of pecans and fill mini muffin cups about halfway. 

Mix egg, brown sugar, and vanilla and then pour into cups to cover nuts.  

Then bake for 15 - 20 mins and EAT! 

If there is any interest in the specific recipe, let me know and I'll get it typed up and emailed out! I'm not posting this full secret on the internet, no sir!

2 comments:

  1. I would love the recipe!
    ashley.ponder47@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower from the Resolutions In Motion GFC Hop. The tassies looks so yummy.

    Mandy
    Bunny Girl Blog
    Love of Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!