Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vacation Inspiration (Brandywine Valley)

I think that I've been pretty good at visiting most of the local attractions to where we live, but I'll admit that VisitPhilly did a great job at compiling a weekend agenda.  Personally, I think that this is a little too packed, as there are several activities that I think need more time to be dedicated to them - Philadelphia Museum of Art - Brandywine River Museum (honestly a 4 or 5 hour project) - Chadds Ford winery. 


My three favorite attractions in the Brandywine Valley are Longwood Gardens, Hagley Museum & Gardens, and Brandywine Battlefield.  I usually visit Longwood at least once per season, especially since it's almost walking distance from the house! I cant wait for Lights at Longwood to start (Thanksgiving through the first week in January), as the lights are gorgeous and taking a warm break in the Conservatory is always welcome! 

via VisitPhilly.com - Credit: L. Albee for Longwood Gardens
Anyone have any questions about the Brandywine Valley?  Any must visit cities you'd suggest for a weekend getaway? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!