Thursday, November 3, 2011

Operation Baking Gals (OBG)

It is no secret to my friends and family that I am a huge fan of this organization, and the things that it stands for.  Honestly, anyone I'm friends with on Facebook is probably sick of my incessant postings, but I'm doing what I feel needs to be done. 


I started participating in July 2010 when Christopher was first deployed, and I am continually amazed by the support of complete strangers.  People that I have never met before, never spoken with outside of the Internet - these are the women that continue to sign-up for Team East Coast Love month after month.  

We send little boxes and big boxes.  We send toiletries, water balloons, and junk food.  We write letters, send cards, and use miles of packing tape.  We can fill out a customs form with our eyes closed, and can tell you how much a flat rate shipping box costs without a calculator. 

This is an organization that I'm proud to be involved in, excited to continue to develop, and hope I'll be a member of through round 100.  

*If you're not a member yet, visit www.bakinggals.com and sign-up soon! The next round of sign-ups will start November 22nd! And if you join Round 37, you get to bake for our troops over the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!