Saturday, June 18, 2011

CSA - Week 2

I only took 1 photo of the second week's CSA goodies as some of them had looked better by the time we got home from Kevin's grandfather's funeral and rescued them from some precarious refrigerator placement by the roommate. (I mean that in the nicest way possible, honest). 


My favorite item from last week's CSA was the Swiss Chard! I tried some of the stems, cleaned, sliced and dipped into hummus and it was great.  The colorful stems are also a great punch of color! 
The colors didn't come through so well, but I promise they were there
For a main dish, I sauteed the swiss chard stems with some turkey sausage, mixed it with whole wheat rotini pasta, and wilted swiss chard leaves.  With some chili powder, garlic, and sesame oil, it was an absolutely wonderful dinner with a punch of green.  I would absolutely try it again, and I think Kevin and Andrew would eat it again too! Win! 


<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!