Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baking Gals - Josh Bridge

With Boy Wonder coming home in 16 days, I can't ship him any more boxes to Korea and it will be about 3 weeks in Kentucky before he has a new valid mailing address.  So today during our Skype chat*, I asked Chris who he would like for me to nominate for July's shipping.  I've done 8 rounds so far, since Chris has been gone - and sent to Chris, our friend Jon, and 6 strangers.  It is the most wonderful feeling when you get an email from these boys, to thank you for baking for them.  Really, there are no thanks needed - but it still feels good! 




If you want to join me in baking for Josh, he's a great kid!! Josh is a lot like Christopher, but is only going to turn 20 on June 30th, young guns he really is.  You'll need to register at www.bakinggals.com; and it will probably take 2 - 3 days for Lyndsay to approve your request.  Once you've been approved, you'll need to go to the current round (Round 32) and sign up for a team.  My team is called East Coast Love :) If you join in the correct time span, you'll get a "mass email" from me with basics about Josh and his address.  If you join after shipping has started - YOU WILL NEED TO EMAIL ME - so that I can get Josh's address to you. 


Here's hoping I'll have some familiar faces in this round!! 


**And yeahhhh I got to Skype with Chris today - it was great to just chat for 45 mins, no life altering things to discuss, and he's safely on base during his outprocessing - which means no more time in the field! Hooray for little favors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!