Friday, June 17, 2011

CSA - Week 1

I know that I gave a brief overview before that Kevin and I had joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program for the summer - and it finally started at the beginning of June.  


Our first week's pick-up was taken care of by my wonderful husband, since I was stuck at work.  I know they can be different, but ours is so user friendly, they've done a wonderful job.  Each bin is set-up with a sign identifying the item, plus either the number of the item that you can take or a scale to weigh out how much you can take. 


Week one was some things I was familiar with, like Butter Lettuce - omg, how did I not know how wonderful this was?
We also got Purple Peacock - which has a fun texture, and I mixed it into a funky twist on a Caesar Salad: 
Plus some yummy scallions that found their way mixed into several dinners.  I know there was arugula and spinach, as well as broccoli - but I feel like I'm forgetting something.  


Anyway, week 1 was a huge success and there was a much smaller bill from the regular grocery store to go with it! 


<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!