Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Resolutions in Motion - Grade: C

I can't lie and say that this week was quite as successful as last week, but it was better than most of 2011 and that is good enough for now. 


Thursday was an epic failure both with working long hours and working from home. We had a server issue that caused intermittent Internet access until 3pm leaving me with almost 100 emails to respond to, contracts to create, and an inbox over the limit so I had to delete before sending or receiving. I was stressed, stayed at work until 8:30pm (12 hour day) and also went home and sent emails and contracts until K got home at 11:30. Crap.
(Proof reading this on Tuesday morning, I realized the entire paragraph above is a total cop out and a server emergency was a completely valid reason for some things to wait until Friday). Lesson learned, excuses are excuses no matter the reason. This week, no excuses.

Monday was a success, even though I ended the day with a migraine. Old me would have stayed at work and "toughed it out". Smarter me realized that I had already been at work for 8 hours and was not going to get much done with a migraine, no matter how late I stayed. So home I came. And I had tea and Kraft mac&cheese and parked it on the couch. I did a quick 15 minute workout and was disappointed I couldn't tough out the whole 30 mins, but it was better than nothing!

I'm glad I can see the growth in myself, and fingers are crossed that continues for the remainder of the week. I am scheduled through the weekend and won't be off until Thursday of next week. These 11 day stretches are the hardest to remain positive and I know that I'll be counting on Resolutions in Motion to help me stay in the right place mentally. Here we go!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Home and family time is SO important. After working for the last 16 years, I realized that it doesn't matter that you go home when it's time, there's ALWAYS more work to do (if the company is doing well). You need time for you and the fam.

    April @ 100lb Countdown.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for going home and taking care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the hardest decision sometimes to stop and take care of yourself. I am glad that you are coming out the other side well.

    Rosie xo
    Craftbotic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!