Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Resolutions in Motion - Final Week of Round 2

How have 6 weeks passed already during Resolutions in Motion?! I guess time flies when you're having fun (or in my case, trying to work less?)


Working less 10 - 12 hour days --- I would say that this is definitely a work in progress, but I at least made some major steps forward in the last few weeks.  While there are still going to be 10 and 12 hour days (hello, hospitality industry), I am much more aware of how many hours I am working.  I've also learned that if I work 12 hours today and can come in a few hours late the next day it makes me feel so much better. 

Reasonable Goals at Home --- Using my time at home to not only be productive but also just relax has been a huge development for me.  After being on the run almost 100% during the day it is sometimes hard to come home and just "be".  The house has been relatively clean, and while my new pants aren't hemmed, I got to sit and eat dinner last night at the dinning room table (huge development in my life as opposed to inhailing dinner at the counter).

Unplugged Time --- I'm going to give this one a big ol' F.  Unfortunately, I haven't started any new books in the last few weeks and while Kevin and I are on a spending freeze during house hunting, that leaves me with very little money to spend on new books.  Anyone want to drop a few in the mail for me??

I won't post about my crazy work schedule all the time, but I will continue to maintain my hours log on my desk at work to make sure that I'm not falling back into the same old patterns as before.  Learning to appreciate my personal life even when it sucks is a grown-up skill I need to continue to work on. 

I mean, when I get to spend time with smiling faces like these - who wouldn't want to have a little fun during their personal life, right?!
New Years Eve 2011/2012

1 comment:

  1. It's fantastic that you have found some time for you and that there is starting to be a bit of a balance at work. I understand the inhaling food thing - it's crazy when sitting at a table feels like a luxury. Thanks for joining in this round.

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!