Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful - Day One

Yes, I am jumping on the "oh so cliche" bandwagon and hopefully posting something I am thankful for each day in November.  I am going to make a prediction here that I'll miss at least one day; that my thankful on actual Thanksgiving Day will be something food related; and that my thankful on the 30th will be Tylenol (we have a wedding on the 29th).  Please don't expect something deep and philosophical each day - I'm taking this with the idea that honesty and "being me" should come through here. 



Day One

I am thankful for IUP.  While it was the school known as 'I Usually Party", and where I was a member of the track team - neither of those are the real reason I am thankful for it.  IUP was the place where friends became family over the course of 4 years.  I'm thankful that Kevin and I both chose this school 250+ miles from our homes, for the time we spent there, the people we met there, and the adults we've become as a result of 2003 - 2008.  IUP - thanks for teaching me more than a few lessons about parties, snowy winters, and how not to be arrested by the mounted police.  IUP - thanks for introducing me to some of the most influential friends in my life.  IUP - thanks for being within my budget, having the "right" major, and a kick-ass track team too. 

And because no post is really complete without a photo - here is an IUP classic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!