Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Fell Off the Bandwagon...

All of my great goals and intentions to stick with the Blog Everyday in May Challenge were derailed by life.  I am behind in pretty much every aspect of my life at the moment - would you like to see what aspects those are? No - well tough shit, my blog, my lists.

1. Packing - We close on our new home in 8 days.  Approximately 10% of the basement is packed.  Booze is not safely ready to travel, Christmas decorations are stored precariously, and I have no idea what may be stored behind a dresser that hasn't moved since we got here. The only clothing I have packed is the t-shirts I'm making into a t-shirt quilt. Oh crap, I need to figure out how to pack craft supplies. And the kitchen - I haven't even begun - as in, I don't even have paper to wrap the breakables in. 

2. Dad - I have not actually seen my dad in two weeks.  I feel awful, but #1 needs to come first right now, and I know he understands.  I just don't have two hours every night to spend on the road driving home.  I call almost everyday, and he sounds good.  I'm comforting myself that we'll see him Saturday and Sunday this weekend, and are having a sleepover that will likely involve old timey movies. 

3. Friends - Yeah... I text them. That's about all I've got.  Oh, and I did go see one friend on Tuesday night, but I unceremoniously made her buy Chinese food b/c I had been working on #1 and it was 8pm and I hadn't eaten. Other than that, it's been too long. But #1 and #2 seem to come before friends.  This damn house better be worth it. 

4. Work - oh for the love, I'm not even going to bore you with this.  It's a mess, it is stressful, and I am seriously behind in just about everything on my list.  I needed to take Tuesday off for my sanity, but am afraid it will be Friday before I am caught back up. 

Anyway - today (the day you're reading this at least) is Thursday.  I am going to leave work before 6pm (please interweb people, hold me to this), finish the chair I am recovering, and catch-up on the blog world.  Because I obviously need to blog myself (I'm only 4 days behind on the challenge) and my Bloglovin currently has 854 unread posts.  Now, because I can't end a post without any entertainment or you people won't come back - check this out:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!