Friday, May 3, 2013

Every Day in May - 3 (uncomfortable)

Prompt of the Day - Things that make you uncomfortable.  

Well, seeing as how I don't have a whole month to write this post, I'm going to do my best to keep this list to 5 items.  Five seems fair, right? I felt like ten would make me seem crazy. Eh, maybe I should just embrace the crazy. 


Slightly uncomfortable - PDA.  I have no problem with a kiss goodbye or hello.  I have no problem with holding hands, or even the occasional shoulder rub.  However, the 12 year olds approaching third base at the mall - I would really like to remove you from each other before you get arrested. 

Very uncomfortable - PDA with someone other than your significant other.  This is the only one where I will actually act on the situation (as much as the 12 year olds make me uncomfortable, I'm not getting in the middle of that sh*t). If you are in a relationship, seriously dating, married, living together, etc - you had damn well better not be in a compromising situation with another person.  If you don't have the balls to tell your significant other that you "want out", then go park your hiney at home until you can grow some. If I don't know you well enough to get in the middle, I will probably just excuse myself from the situation in an attempt to get the hell outta there. 

Outrageously uncomfortable - Money.  I would prefer not to know how much money you make, how much your monthly car payment is, or to be honest - how much you tip at the bar.  This is one of those private items that is better for you, your significant other, and your accountant to figure out.  

I can't wait to see what makes other people uncomfortable.  I seriously considered writing Wal-Mart underwear for this list, but thought that might be overly personal.  I also considered writing about people that are getting married but a terrible couple together, but also decided that might be inappropriate. Oh hell, my whole life is inappropriate. 




2 comments:

  1. Money makes me so uncomfortable, too! Sometimes I even have issues talking to my husband about it...that's how bad it is. When so many people freely discuss what their things cost I feel so awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 year olds in any kind of a relationship makes me WAY uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!