Monday, October 24, 2011

Souperfly - Taco Soup

This is a two-fer, it's part of Souperfly Soup Day AND it's part of stocking Mom's freezer. 

::warning, I only took photos of the beginning, and forgot to take one at the end::

This is a recipe from a friend of mine for Taco Soup.  It's sort of like a mix of tacos and chili, and is incredibly easy! The ingredients are basic, and can absolutely hang out in your pantry until you decide to make it.  I made mine on the stove, but I know it works great in the crock pot for 4 or 6 hours as well. 

1. Combine ground beef and onion in soup pot.  Cook & drain any drippings. 

2.  Add taco seasoning, water, tomatoes, beans, and corn to sauce pot, and mix well. 

3. Bring all ingredients to a boil, and then simmer for 20 - 40 mins.  
To serve, you can add Veleveeta, Cheddar Cheese, green onion, and serve over rice or with tortilla chips! 

This made two freezer containers, and each one will serve 2 - 3 adults.  So, I'd say 4 - 6 servings! 


Taco Soup
Ingredients: 
1 lb ground beef
1 small diced onion
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup water
2 cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapenos (14 - 15oz cans)
2 cans chili beans (15 oz)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15oz)
1 can creamed corn (15 oz)

Instructions:
- Crumble & Cook beef and onion in sauce pan
- Drain any drippings
- Add the remaining ingredients to sauce pan
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 - 40 mins
- Eat :) 

2 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious, I love taco soup! I need to make that for us again ASAP! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first time I made it, and it was so good! My husband ate the little bit that didn't make it into the freezer containers, so I think I'll be making this one again! Any tips or tricks you know of?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!