Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cilantro Lime Pesto Chicken

The pesto part of this is super easy to make, and great on top of pasta, chicken, fish, pork, burgers, you name it! 

The recipe is via Newly Woodwards, so I won't re-post the whole recipe! I did make a few tweaks, so I've listed those below! 

1. I used about twice the amount of lime juice, and twice the amount of garlic 
2. When I mixed it in the food processor, it was a little runny, so I added 1/2 a cup of fresh basil leaves
3. Rather than baking the chicken, I put raw chicken in the pans, and topped it with the pesto, and froze it! 

I haven't tried the frozen meals yet, but we did eat the leftover pesto on burgers, and on some leftover pork! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!