Thursday, August 25, 2011

Maine!

This is the 5 minute recap of our vacation to Maine: 


We ate lobster 4 times, visited the pie lady twice, hiked more than 18 miles, rode bikes for more than 12 miles, drank 4 cases of beer, 2 cases of wine/champagne, and I took almost 800 photos.  Some of my favorites are included below - but maybe someday I'll do a day-by-day post for anyone who is interested. 


 I would love to live in this house - the cute inset flower boxes in the stone wall out front were awesome! We saw these 5 or 10 times while we were there, and it made me smile every time! 

  A happy Jon and a happy Bubba! Picking up lobsters on our first night there! Who knew some of the best lobsters would come from the Getty? 
Can you name this location? I'll give you a clue - that's a POND behind us! 


 Our awesome family, minus Boy Wonder, on top of Eagle Cliffs! This was a beautiful hike, with some rough Granite slabs to slide/shuffle/hike down.  Views like this, were so worth it though! 

Who needs the tourist trap that is "Thunder Hole" when there is a great hole like this at Otter Cliffs?! 

 Deb at Thuya Gardens - this is part of the institution that is visiting Maine with my parents/Frankels.  Add in some champagne, and a Christmas card photo-op, and it was a wonderful afternoon! 
The light house was one of my favorite photos from this trip - although it required some precarious positioning with the camera, and avoiding falling in the ocean or a tide pool! 

I can't wait to go back again, although that long drive may need to wait 2 or 3 years before I brave it again! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this year's Christmas picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Maine! Your photos have me thinking about it even more... all that lobster, hiking, and beautiful scenery- sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!