Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a little for me, a little for you

A few months ago I found a great recipe for Salted Caramel Brownies - I can't remember where I found the recipe originally, but it is very similar to this recipe - and so very yummy! The first two times I made them, I made the caramel from scratch! That was a first (and second) and something I was always very intimidated by.  Well, I can assure you that it's nothing to be intimidated by! So simple, you just need to keep a watchful eye on it.  The third time, I used caramel in a jar (the kind you put on ice cream) and it just wasn't the same!

I would absolutely suggest making these though, they are absolutely worth the time and effort! They're also great for sharing - I know my staff has appreciated the chocolate/caramel fix they get once week or so.  Now I'm on the move for another new recipe to try and make for them.  I'm thinking something a little lighter and more summery.  The current ones on my list for baking on Tuesday or Wednesday are:

Lemonade Cake
Strawberry Bars
Nutella Cheesecake Bites

Thoughts, suggesstions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!