Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stupid Livingroom

We installed these 4 floating shelves on the wall to the right of the television a few months ago.  They are this 4 piece Wall Shelf Set - but they're black.

The shelves are black, the walls are tan, and we have hardwood floors. I am a big fan of the grey curtains that cover the deck doors, and am thinking that if I could tie in some grey, that would be a good tie-in. We also have great blue/brown/grey pillows on the couches. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before this week, but I've purchased several blue items that I'm hoping will give some color to the shelves as well as tie in the pillows/couches/curtains!



I've had a mix of candles, mirrors, photos, sports stuff, fruit, pinecones - pretty much everything I can think of on these shelves over the last 6 months.  No matter what I seem to put on them, I feel as though it is unbalanced, and I'm not happy with it. 

I think my biggest issue is the placement of the shelves themselves, as the men chose the location and installed them.  I would like to have a little more height on the shelves, but I feel as though some of the taller items are too heavy for what the shelves can hold.

I've purchased about 15 things from Marshalls Home Goods, and am going to have shelf remix tomorrow night! I've got some great inspiration ideas, and am excited to add a little bit of color to the wall.  So here are the basics....


EKTORP
$699 - ikea.com

Aurora 20" Pillow
$30 - crateandbarrel.com



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures! If you can't decide post a bunch of different options and we can help you with the decision of what to put up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played with it for a while, but couldn't decide. I'll have to play around again and post photos, that's a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!