Thursday, March 24, 2011

Benches

Yeah, I might be a little nuts for benches.  But only backless ones, simple, Shaker style.  No spindles, fancy legs, carvings, nada.  I just need 4 legs, a loooooong seat, and some dark stain.  And if I'm lucky, a little wear & tear from being loved over the years.

Except, I have Ritz taste on a Hampton budget (hahahahaha, I kill myself).  I've found so many benches that I love online, but even all of my antique store stalking over the last year hasn't brought me to anything that I love even remotely as close as these beauties...

Beautiful bench, found by Pink Pig Antiques (I just wish it wasn't painted!)


There are also some gorgeous benches out there, if you're willing to spend anywhere in the $500 - $800 range.  That is however, about 2 - 4 times what I'm planning to spend.
So - Plan H - make one! If it has to be new, at least it can be new that I built, right? I can stain anything as dark as I'd like it to be, and with any luck, there is some spare barn wood from the farm that I can use to make it extra special! Now... check out this bench & these FREE plans!


Now... to find someone crazy enough to attempt this project with me (hint hint) who also has the tools necessary to complete it (hint hint).

1 comment:

  1. I think we need to plan a date to play with power tools. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!