Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Homeownership - What We Bought/Got

After 3 1/2 years of marriage and two rentals - we finally bought a house.  Except this isn't just any house, it's the FOREVER house.  Both my parents and my in-laws still live in the homes we grew up in.  Kevin's parents moved into their house when he was two and mine moved into our house three years before I was born.  And while I understand that jobs may change, emergencies arise, etc - Kevin and I both LOVED growing up in the same house our entire childhood.  And it's nice now too, to go back to the same home that we learned to walk in, tie our shoes, and got ready for every first and last day of school.  

We have a long way to go with this crazy house, and a few projects already completed that will grace this blog over the next few weeks.  But for the time being, here are the basics! 
  • Two story home, built in 1988
  • Our dream development - the same one my Aunt & Uncle have lived in for 22 years
  • Great school district, close to shopping, parents, and work 
  • Walking distance to a park with tennis courts, basketball courts, a pond, running trail, etc. 
  • Four bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a living room, sitting room, dining room, and eat-in kitchen
  • My husband's dream 2 car garage, and a small shed for outdoor toys
I've got a few photos ready to go, but we'll stick with recapping the downstairs for now.  I'll tackle the upstairs in a whole different post so as to not overwhelm you with the mess we purchased.






















After looking back at some of these pictures, I'm not feeling so bad about the current state of our house! We've officially lived here for the entire summer (Moved in Memorial Day Weekend), and it feels more like "home" and "ours" with every little project!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing new house updates! We close on our house at the end of this month - it's insane how much work it is, but since it's your forever home you have lots of time! PS - our kitchen is laid out identical to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE seeing all the updates! It is amazing! And I will admit that carpet is pretty nasty but i cannot wait to see all of the after photos :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!