Friday, April 26, 2013

Sh*t That Makes Me Crazy

There are not many people in my life that annoy the sh*t out of me.  Why? Because I already kicked those morons to the curb.  However, there are a few things  related to life in general (both work and personal) that are enough to make me do one of three things: 

A. Remove you from my "Favorites" on the iPhone 
B. Un-star your behind on Facebook because I don't need push notifications about you any more. 
C. Intentionally ignore your email/text/tweet for at least 8 hours 

Yes, I know that all of the above are mostly childish, but I am 100% awful at goodbyes, so completely removing people from my life is next to impossible.  And while husband and I have both had some questionable friendships in the past, we tend to like the same people now that we're pretend grown-ups. So - want to know what would annoy/frustrate/upset me enough to do A through C above? 

  •  If you have made plans to come visit me, go out for dinner, happy hour plans, and cancel for ridiculous reasons, forget about it.  People get sick, life gets busy, sh*t happens - all of those things I understand, but by the time we get to 8 or 10 rounds of cancelled plans, you outta here.
  • If/When your significant other because your only priority, I am so done.  Now, let me say that I completely understand how important that relationship is (hello, I'm married). But - if/when that relationship ends, who are you going to have to lean on? Your friends that you haven't called/texted/spent time with in the last 6 months - good luck with that one. 
  • If you cry about money 30 days out of the month, and then go on vacation to Punta Cana, I am not going to "like" your photos, and sure as hell am not going to text you to ask how it was and how much fun you had! Your priorities are your own, but I don't want to hear about how rough your life is and how you can't afford gas, only to see you spent $600 on a plane ticket. 
Okay, that is the end of today's vent session - thanks for listening :)  

Dear Karma
via www.gagful.com


P.S. - I am such a list person, so allow me to apologize for the excessive use of bullet points, outline techniques, etc. I pinkie promise I try to keep this insanity to a minimum.

1 comment:

  1. Bullet point number 2 is one of my biggest pet peeves. Priorities are important and a spouse is a huge one, but friends and family are just as important! It's so frustrating to see friends disappear into a relationship, only to surface when they need something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!