Saturday, November 24, 2012

November Birchbox

So, let's talk about November's Birchbox.  I was beyond sold when I tried the mascara.  Seriously, I can't tell you enough good things about it - and texted my SIL the same day to make her go buy it.  The ModelCo - Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara is not only a great mascara product, but the mirror on the side to help with on-the-go application is a rocking bonus.   For $24, it is more than I would normally spend, but I would say I will definitely be splurging on this again. 

I really liked the Mox Botanicals Lip Butter as a product - it did a great job of keeping my lips hydrated and it didn't taste awful.  The downside was, I hate sticking my finger in lip products.  I always feel like "Okay, let me wash my hands, stick them in this product, wipe it on my mouth, and then wash my hands again.".  That's why everything I use is in a tube - I can just whip it out, apply it, and put it away.  No mess, no hand washing, win. 

Hair Powder was a mess.  I hate to say I barely got to try any, because I opened the package and then it promptly fell in the sink.  It might be a user error (hello, have you met me), but I am going to say they could have designed the package in a more user friendly manner. 

Good news for you is - Birchbox included a code for a friend (I say internet friends count) towards Chromatic Gallerie (code is Birchfriend15).  Go look around, but my favorites are these two: 


Synposis of November: 
Woops: Lulu Organics - Lavendar + Clary Sage Hair Powder
Share: Chromatic Gallerie - $15 off (Birchfriend15)

________________________________________________________________________
Want to check it out for yourself? Use my referral link - https://www.birchbox.com?raf=qr145  
When you use this link, I'll earn 50 birchbox points when you sign up, and for every 100 points I earn, I'll do a small giveaway! 

*Linking up with fabulous but evil's birchbox brag*

12 comments:

  1. I also loved the mascara and I've tried almost every one that Sephora has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There unfortunately isn't a Sephora very convenient to my house, but I'm glad to hear someone else enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. So fun! I have heard of Birchbox and thought about signing up....but didn't know where I would put everything each month in our small house. ;) Sounds like this was a great month for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't worry about "where to put it", one of my favorite things is that most items are sample size and once I've used them for a few days, there is no leftover to store. I got mine as a gift, and would say if you are considering it, ask for it for Christmas!

      Delete
  3. That is a great box, my SIL got the exact same one and loved it too. I'm so jealous of the mascara, I may just have to spurge on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't worry about splurging yet, I'm adding the mascara and a few other Birchbox items to my Christmas list :)

      Delete
  4. I feel the EXACT same way about lip balm! It grosses me out to think about sticking my finger in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else feels the same way! I also enjoy the ease of applying chapstick in a tube.

      Delete
  5. you got an awesome box! i'd love to try that mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I know it can be a little hit or miss, but I've had several successful months in a row.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of sticking my finger in my lip balm either. I love your little synopsis at the end :) I may have to add that to my December bb post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica. Glad to know you like it, I'll continue with it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!