Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mommy Moyer's Birthday

I am so excited that we get to celebrate my Mom's birthday this week! She technically turns 60 on Friday, but we will be celebrating with dinner on Wednesday with the Bookheimer men, and then on Saturday with Kevin's family (hello Memorial Day).  I'm going to try and not be overly sappy, but I'll admit to being terrified for several months that I wouldn't get to wish her a Happy Birthday this year.  So we will be celebrating in style, over several days, and I will love every single moment of celebrating with her!


Photos via: Phila Dining; Lancaster from the Inn Side;
PictureFood, and Birchrunville

Wednesday's dinner sounds so yummy, and is Mom's choice of restaurant since she wanted "new and different".  We are going to the Birchrunville Store Cafe, which is a BYO located in... wait for it... Birchrunville.  The menu is small, the seatings are in two shifts, and the apps, entrees, and dessert all sound amazing! I can't wait to see what their specials are on Wednesday!

Tell me the food does not look amazing.  Go ahead, I dare you!










We'll also be celebrating Mom's birthday at the Memorial Day picnic at Gehman's on Saturday.  There will only be a small crowd, but I'm baking 3 kinds of cupcakes! The three that I picked are all from the cupcake cookbook that my best friend gave me, Southern Living Big Book of Cupcakes! I'm making their white cake with almond flavoring, and topping it with vanilla frosting and sprinkles for Memorial Day.  #2 is the Peanut Butter Cup, which is chocolate cupcake with peanut butter icing!  The third one is a twist on the angel food cupcake recipe in the book, and I am going to fill the cupcake with strawberry filling and top with whipped cream/italian meringue combination. I can't wait, and I hope that they turn out as cute as the ones in the book!

Happy Early Birthday Mommy, I can't wait to celebrate with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, can't wait to hear what you think!